Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My First Flight!!!




I was on a south Indian trip last weekend...I was covering Hyderabad to Bngalore, then to Kottayam. From there to my home a t trivandrum. From there to Hyderabad via Chennai. ( In two days)
All this was to attend my Roomie's marriage and visit home after a four month break. My friend(room mate alias Thadi) bo0ked tickets from Trivandrum to chennai and I booked it from chennai to hyd.Thadi told me that the flight is @ 3:30I reached airport by 2:30,then gave my e ticket to get the boarding pass.
The counter gal said I have a problem, as the flight left at 03 30 :) It was 24hr clock,it left in the morning so I was stranded in TVM with no flight to reach chennai for my connection flight at 7. Then I saw my frind Ibnu, The guy in HP, bnglre, my kalikoottukaran. His father is the Customer relation officier in TVM airodrome.Got help from his father, raised an emergency ticket to chennai, got hold of one economy class at rate of 6.5k ....Was seated next to film star Devan (villan in malayalam).
The air hostess was good looking, but I was not in a mood to enjoy her company. One thing she wall tall, I mean almost 5'9" or 5' 10"( Kollamayirunnu ..;), came to me and said ,
"This kind of stuff happens ( Ticket no show) and don't feel bad ..cheer up".
she can say all that, I lost 2.5 k on the first ticket and spend another 6.5 k on the emergency ticket. How can i cheer up :) ?
Then the next episode in chennai...My cousin had gifted me a key chain 'A sword like thing with a bell at the end'. It was made of metal and had a very sweet sound from the bell.It was in my baggage and went for baggage check in. The equipment started with a loud beep in Chennai and the crowd gathered around questions were fired around..
"whose Bag is this?????"
"Why do u carry a sword in ur bag and all :)"

I took out the "weapon" and explained it to him...whts it!I took out all the keys and gave her my Key chain... She looked aorund and called a senior officer and he came to me asking my details.
After seeing my Infy id, he said, "keep ur keychains inside the bag and don't take it out on the fligh and carry on ".
Then he showed me one big board placed next to the security counter which read
" Take out coins, razor, belts and keychain befoe giving ur baggage for security check" :D
I had a big embarrasing smile on my face and the officier told me to clear the place :)

"Njan vishalamayi oru chammi ya chiri chirichu, angoru pokolan paranju :D"

So the first flight was eventfl and I have learnt a costly lesson that the Flight timings are alwys in 24 hrs clock and one has to take keychains out of the baggage before giving it for security checks :D. One costly lesson.

No comments: