Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Random thoughts



Life has entered a cruising mode for some time. It is like a drive on a long drive free way where my cruise control is set for 70 km and no lane change required for another three hours… So I mean no surprises… But the side walks looked boring … Then I started thinking about what would make me happy … The little things that bring happiness to me? I have heard that a beer and a full stomach food is enough to make any guy happy but I thought about it for a while and started counting them. There were very less things that made me happy. I am talking about day to day small things …. Like

A good morning message / mail from some one so forgotten

A smile or ‘U made my day’ from a total stranger

A good ‘checking out’ look from a pretty a gal over the walk way while jogging

A smile from a kid any time any where … Just a smile

A phone call from some one, calling up to talk about nothing, but just ‘what’s up’ ?

A forgotten coin in a trouser taken for washing

A lucky snap of an early morning sun

A comment on my ‘blog’ for a long forgotten post, from some stranger who stumbled on it.

When rushing to bus stop late, the sight of all my co traveler waiting for the bus which is a coupe of minutes late

Some ‘take care’ messages from long forgotten people
A good swim for about an hour on a humid summer day
An exciting gully cricket game where anything would be possible

A cup of cold coffee in fridge after a long walk

A ‘Nice food’ gesture from any one unfortunate to eat my kitchen experiments with boiled vegetables and the array of masalas’ which were put to test

These are very small things which make earth a better place to live.

I would pass on this as a tag to anyone who happens to read this blog. Just list down things which makes you happy … small but there are things which makes our day!

5 comments:

Girl With Big Eyes said...

You can never be in cruise mode in life. Something always come up. Like the roadworks or potholes in Kerala :)

Some simple things that perk me up
- smell of steaming hot filter coffee anytime anywhere!
- the light wind in your hair when you are driving a two wheeler
- the crispiness of dosa! Especially if I made it.
- When you witness an unexpected good deed. A teenager helping a blind lady across the road.
- When your favourite song plays on the radio
- When I get to say 'Aha, I told you so!' to my hubby!
- When I sit with old friends talking about old times.
- A cheerful waitress at the restaurant.
- Biting into a plum/green apple/peach when you are really really hungry
- When your mom calls you to ask for a recipe :)
- When you feel your muscles working out even after 2 hours after a good jog.

V. Archana said...

talking to total strangers also makes some ppl happy. ;)

Ofcourse..there are countess things to list on.Will post it in my blog :)

nice posting,yaar!!

Shanks_P said...

# GWBE

Thanks for the commment...
Fresh coffe smll does the same to me ...and a good deed brings tears to me ...U know Teras of happiness...
Nice list of things to get perked :)

# Archana
Thanks,
I know sum strangers ;)
Will see ur list of things to make ur day :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

wow cool posting buddy...the most imp thing that makes me hapy is listing to music...

Rivas said...

Loads of things, man.

1. When I get up in the morning at home in trichur and it is raining heavily outside and I can smell fresh coffee my mom has made for me downstairs.
2. When I get up in the morning all refreshed, my sleep all content, so much so that I dont need even one more wink of rest.
3. When after a long time, I come back to my house in Kerala, back to my blue room and I can lay down in my bed.
4. When someone hears me play my piano and says, "That is the most beautiful thing I ever heard."
5. The feeling of freshness in the morning after a good workout or a brisk walk.
6. Listening to good music while walking to office.
7. When I have been trekking all day and I come back to where I stay, all bedraggled and tired, so exhausted that the only thing I can do is jump into bed and doze off. And I get into bed.
8. When a kind stranger offers to help me out for nothing.
9. When I have delicious food for cheap. Best if it is fish and beer on a beach.
10. Boozing with pals
11. Better if boozing with my dad or bro.
etc etc...

There are so many things that can make you happy in life.And some people restrict it to success and money. Poor desolate souls.