Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sleep ...time ..tic tic tic


I heard the soft buzz sound from my client laptop. It pulled me out of sleep. My eyes reluctantly open and started looking for my mobile. Yes, found it, at the other end of my bed. Still with half opened eyes, managed to look at the time, it is 5:15 in the morning. The thought crossed to sleep again but the other part of me who is still worried about the presentation coming up ….finally the other part won.

Open the lap top, entered my password, loading and loading.
My eyes again felt like closing ….i felt the warmth of my pillion on my cheeks, yes I am back on lying posture, a faint smile on my face … and the better half is winning now ….

Again the same buzz sound from Lap top, this time, and the worst half took over. A stream of thoughts came in, yes my boss has sent some review comments and I did not respond, he is asking where am I in the second mail …all these thoughts fled in a matter of no time into my head …..

I checked my laptop, it has loaded, I can see my desktop wall paper with my half opened eye, checked my outlook, yes there are two mails. Oh my god, those where mails from my HR which I usually delete without reading. This time it is all about a half marathon coming up. Who is going to run? The software half was getting beaten up the human half in my head. I got my cheek close to the pillion. No, the warmth is gone from the pillion, I searched with my cheeks on the pillow if any portion has a little warm …I found a small area, tried to get my cheek there, position for next 30 minutes sleep.

The gush of checking mails had dried up my sleep, now it will take at least 5 minutes to get back to where I left over the sleep. Suddenly I heard my mobile alarm again, man hadn’t I set 6:00 or it was 5:30. I just kept my head at 5:30 only. I checked my alarm, it was 6:00. Oh my god, my morning sleep is spoiled. Again I hit the snooze button, thought for a moment with closed eyes, balancing my upper body on one hand over the pillow. My stomach is growling and I felt hungry also. The softy guy came on mind again


Look if u don’t get up now, you will not have time to pack ur lunch, that means going out to street and eating all alone. Also chasing the bus in the morning with an empty stomach! Do you really want to sleep back ? Think again!

Where did this guy (Worst part, softy part) appear all the time when I am quiet happy being lazy, I mean the softy guy in the head, which always think ahead and reason my actions now? I took my mobile, cancelled the snooze, sat up, prayed (Not usual but today yes I did pray)
‘God help me sleep better tomorrow’ went to kitchen looking for the tea maker.

I think anyone who is staying alone might have gone through the same set of things but in different aspects …. Morning sleep! an irreplaceably addictive habit. The sweetness of this sleep increases in case of Mondays and sweetens most when you have an early morning meeting with client!

No comments: