Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The guy who is always on the conf call .....


As usual, I am listening to a product demo and over view presentation. I was reading through some film reviews and preparing some queries on the back ground to check if I get some good talking points when I try to sell the same. I just got a call from my better half with cold sharp queries like

S: you know, Junior is having temp
Me : ya, Mom told but was on back to back calls
S : so ?
Me : how is he now ?
S : passed tools 5 times and have temp
Me : checked with thermometer or feel factor ?
S : huh ? I just came home, need to check
Me : ok, check and see that he drinks lot of water
S : when will you come ?
Me : post 8 , why ?
S : nothing, will come in time or as usual …
Me : yes, bye – need to join the call, bye
S: Bye

Believe me, listening to sales pitch and typing the things that come in my mind is not as easy as it used to be.

Now I see that the bunch of fresher’s who joined our floor went past us. I see that the short guy in the group making some hand gestures meaning – this guy ( me) is always on phone. Does he work anytime ?
I had a smile coming up on my lips but somehow I kept it straight and played the ‘senior’ face. I wanted to stand up and say, buddy – listening to such calls and finding out talking points which makes sense is much tougher than you think. This is the place where we find out selling points for our solution. Also get answers for the tough questions we have in all customer calls.

Now I see two ladies coming to floor looking for someone. I think they found who they were looking for over the corner of the floor. They also exchanged the same kind of look – why this guy is always on the phone ?
I need to get to talk in the call and will not be able to concentrate on this anymore, more to add on….


No comments: