Saturday, November 03, 2007

Random Thoughts……continued……

There is no switch in our mind to switch from office work totally to personal life or wise versa. To say things I am not much experience on having a married life. But even then I have a personal life, taking care of lot of things.
After coming home, I feel like, ok now full stop to office thoughts and time for homely personal stuff. The moment you want to think about it, there goes the thought about unfinished status report, the mail which need follow up, the bug in the last day’s code, the web post which I need to answer …the list is endless. How do we strike a good balance on these? When my mom start talking about the food I take, my mind is some where wandering about the mail I compiled last day! But when I sit in front of my client on the status meeting, my mind goes about wondering what I will have for dinner tonight. Most of the time we live with it until an awkward moment where u are asked for something in the middle of the meeting where u were dreaming about some thing else ….and got like
‘Err …hmmm Good question; I will have to think about it’
Where the question was
‘Hey did you send that mail?’ How stupid rite?

We can hardly control the stream of thoughts when they rush in. Thoughts does not flow in with a specific intention or out come, they are just like shooting stars which started from no where and goes into something but on the way it takes time from lot of people wasting their time on stupid wishes which they think will happen just because they saw the shooting star!

When our mind is clear on what to do and what to expect, it is so easy and life seems so boring to live. The moment we get something out of ordinary, mind gets filled with excitement, fear, joy or sorrow until we get used to it and again falls into a routine which will end up in boredom soon. Do any of these things really make a sense?

All I could think is I am wasting my time on a stupid thought where I need to prepare for my meeting tomorrow with a bunch of documents, reports and have a lot to catch up with home, friends, answer some personal mails …..
Life is exciting what else we can say !

2 comments:

V. Archana said...

that was a bit amusing i felt.
shooting stars???
do u believe in its existence?
as far as i feel, its just in any of those fantasy tales which i would have read when i was in school.


and btw u seemed to have visited my orkut profile too,right?

Shanks_P said...

Shooting star, a very good reason to wish for some thing out of limits ......
Still I do belive in shooting star whn i wishe some thing remotly possible .......

Yup, I had visited it long time back .....