Thursday, February 21, 2008

Too busy ? Angry ? WT.... ?


I was angry with myself! My ear phones are gone. What will I listen during my train and bus commuting? Why am I so unplanned? The novel I was reading is almost over. What will I read while coming back in the train today? I should have planned! I have the most sarcastic way to find mistakes in myself! As if the songs will be my inspiration for my music album or novel be the inspiration for my next best seller!

Voice on my head Knocked hard Knock knock knock!!

Hey u ther, what are you doing?


The question rambled in my head for the entire train journey. When I first entered my company bus three to four years back from the BTM to Bangalore office, I saw all of the employees neat in ‘tie’ and ‘tucked up shirts’ (I hate ties and tucking shirts but but ….they fine you 200 bucks!) in the bus with a head phones on their ear or a romantic / thriller novel in their hand. I felt it is so un-cool to be with ipod and novels. Why these folks can’t talk, make some friends? But after getting severe neck sprains of getting slept in the bus, with strange head positions, I started listening to 91 fm (Deraous and Sweet Sindhu are two RJs I remember who really rocked my morning) and reading some English novels (Mostly Arthur Healy or Dan brown, Davinci code fame !). The routine of songs and novels where followed to Japan tubes also (No FM and reading English novel is cool in Japan.) Now here in US, the same story repeats (No FM and nothing cool about reading English novels.).
I listen to songs, read some books. All started as I was getting bored to sit idle. Now I don’t find time to sit idle! In house I am busy reviewing reports, chatting over Gtalk, giving advice over anything under sky to almost any one available in my vicinity. In MARTA bus, train, I am busy reading novel, listening to songs. Once in office, time flees with meetings, conference calls, technical jargons ….over lunch, busy planning what on next weekend!

At home, as soon as I reach, will head out for the tennis court to play ‘some thing’ that we named ‘Tennis’ which hardly match the game we see in sports channels. We cannot take a serve from a 10 year old boy who knows tennis, but it is fun out there. We play until we sweat hard in a 5 to -5 degree Celsius. Come back tired, shower up and start experiments with different recipes. After that, watch some movie online or a rented DVD with one eye over my laptop for a ping in Gtalk, a scrap in Orkut or a mail from offshore team.

All these activities where started at one or the other time to get out of boredom. Now I am not bored, I am tired pushing things to fit into this routine. The useless mind woes thinking, I did not play today, did not watch movie today, missed listening to songs today and what not!
Why should I think like that? If I sit idle, with out doing anything for an hour, nothing happens! But …err…. You know ….Don’t know if I am the only one feeling so, or I am realizing such a feeling so late!

Now, where is my DAMN ear phones????

No comments: