Tuesday, April 24, 2007

YsDay It Rained in Hyderabad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time : 12 :35
Place : My office Cubicle
Atmosphere : chilly, sleepy as usual
Work Status : Slipped one day on Delivery





I’m not in a mood to write anything serious or anything interesting. But have to write something to get out of the current mood. We lost our cricket match that took place two days back. Courtesy to the mallu batsman, who slapped me with three sixes on my opening over and started the big land slide for our team, which struggled to defend a low total of 52, in six over. But we had real fun playing that game. Have to give full praise to my team captain T to give me opportunity to bowl that important over, which changed the course of the match and our team. The opponent reached their target with 9 balls and one wicket to spare. I had bad dreams of that batsman when I went to sleep yesterday. This morning I got up listening to a big thunder. Yes a heavy rain slash with thunder and lighting in the early morning in the middle of Hyderabad summer. My jogging sprits dried out looking at the overcast condition. I went back to my bug infected bed after having a look at the dark shaded clouds waiting for me to get out. I had my dream gal with a cute face close to Vidya balan with all homely features. But again the bug on my bed attacked me, which I left alive yesturday becoz I had reached a killing score of 50 . He broke the dream!!! Still I had a heavy heart to get out bed. The climate, sound of rain, thunder and a great dream to catch up, against all odds I came out. Even when I got dressed up and was looking for my umbrella, I was cursing the bug in my bed to ruin my dream.

I got a share auto, with no one to share as there was heavy rain. I waited 10 to 15 minutes hoping any cute looking gal will come to give me company on such a wonderful rainy morning. Two gals came but they were not happy with me or the auto driver, they went to the next auto. I had to come all alone in that auto paying full money. But the trip was enjoyable, way better than managing my fellow roomies’ bike with no (Brakes, light, horn) on a chilly rainy day. Imagine pushing along a bike in the heavy rain, on a chilly morning to sitting inside a dry auto and feeling pity for people who already drenched in rain. Later is better I guess!But as usual the rain god changed his gear the moment I reached office. The clouds vanished in a flash and clear blue sky appeared. Last week also rain god played his game on me.
Last thursday, the weather was over cast, I took my breakless-hornless-lightless vehicle to leave early to home. As I drove along to maximum 40 km (the engine will cease due to over heat if I go over 40kmphr) on a plain straight road under cloudy sky, g-walkers gazed at me in disbelief. Big vehicle and two wheelers were humming pass me, trying to make home before the showers begin. Even if I was helpless, I changed my face expression to GUY-WHO-ENJOY-RAIN. With in seconds the rain started. But it was a soothing rain on a very hot afternoon and the road was empty. When I crossed the busy Y junction with no one in the road, I felt I’m in the middle of Sahara desert on a dusty desert wind. But the heavy crowd in the bus stop under the shelter and the people in front of all the shops proved me otherwise.
Every one had one expression written over their face, is this guy Nuts? I wanted to tell them several points about my bike (Roomie's bike)
1. I’m not sure if this thing will start again if I stop here in this rain
2. It is already dark and my bike does not have anything close to a candle as head light
3. As a rule, after a heavy rain, it will be a big traffic jam
4. my bike does not have horns either.

Am I nuts?

Some how I managed to reach my room not leaving even a single inch in my body dry.As it was too early for corporate timing, none of my fellow roomies are in. So I had to take my entire wet things myself.
A comprehensive list

1. A fully wet valet with credit/ debit cards (good that plastic cards were invented)
2. A water dripping Nokia mobile (It works, I have tested it dipping in hot Sambar also)
3. couple of keys
4. A wet spongy looking leather shoes which will solve half the water problem of tamil nadu, each time I keep a step.
5. Two nasty smelling soax ( I wash it weeekly).
6. Wet ID card
7. Then you know what else could be wet.



I changed my wet attire, settled into a dry pajama with a hot black coffee with Hyderabad times on my right hand and opened my balcony under a breezing wind with small amount of fresh rain. (Feels like heaven, but my pajama is not even close to Raymond’s suiting’s and no pretty gal like the one we see in raymond advertisement (Aaj Kal Tere mere ......)

3 comments:

Rivas said...

Dont worry, dude. The girl was there. Waiting under a shelter like a sane normal person would have done. :P

V. Archana said...

hey...that was a really bad day u must have had in ur short stay in hyderabad..but believe me,hyderabad jus rocks...[thats coz its MY hometown..lol...hehehe]
and ya...u werent the only one in the auto...it was also shared by the driver na?? ;-)
and coming to ur bike..which dint have a break,no lights and no horn....
hmmmm???!!!
?????
!!!!!
its surly not a bicycle...coz that has atleast got a break.
hmmm....what could it be!!!!!
then its surely a TRICYCLE!!
:-D hahahaaha!!
hey,just kidding man!!

and ya...that lady in the raymond ad is ofcourse beautiful...lovly ad! :-)


Liked some of your blogs.
Interesting to read them.continue with it,mister.Anyways,all the best for ur future,buddy!!!

Shanks_P said...

@Archana ji....
Thanks for the comments ....

I stayed @ Hyd for 2 years ....place was better when I came and now its getting crowded day by day......

Hmmm Bad day ...there were worst days ...so I would call a better day ...I reached home in one peice na ;)
About shared Auto, U got a point ther, Driver was also there ...but he doesn't share the fare :(
About byke, cannot ask more than that from my friend who happily allowed to use his byke(FYI TRICYCLE ;)) for Six months for free

Raymond ad gal sswhhhh.... her smile is still in my dreamssss .....