Friday, July 29, 2011

Salt N Pepper - Movie review - My tag - Don't miss it!!!



The write up ahead is total spoiler if you haven’t watched the movie. Please come back here after you gave it a try ( if you have even remote plans to watch the malayalam movie – Salt nd Pepper.

When exactly we cherish our moments on anything ? its when one can connect it to one or the other part of you. Many folks who love fantasy movies are people who have a fantastic imagination. A written red romantic movie is loved by anyone who has love in their life or romance even in their heart. A cook loves to watch and tries out cookery and cookery shows. A guy who has / who wants some awesome friends will cherish the movie DCH because the primary reason is that you just relive your dreams by putting different faces to different stories you hear. I had that feeling on many occasion and those remains my favorites. The things here I am talking about is timeless classics because you are able to connect to them at any point in your life. The same goes in live with why an individual in puberty loves romantic flicks and a person on mid 55 enjoys a after retirement documentary or a fresh pair of parents loves a family movie involving kids and babies. It is just the ability of the creator of art to make that connection with you. If one is really talented, the circle of people he touches increases and one with very few connectors would just pass on as a average attempt.

I started to write this to tell about the movie Salt n pepper. I love to cook and I’m mostly a loner. I was able to connect to this movie really well – minus the romance. It never happened!The movie trailers itself made me feel that this is something I should not miss this one.I went for the movie on second day show and the long queue proved me rite – this is going to be a good one.

One mistake – I went there with a half filled stomach – the title song and visuals left me really hungry·
The radio – from the old car was a charming scene – a feel shifter every time it kicks in.·
The whole movie is out of Trivandrum – any one from ‘ Thirondoram would agree with me’ – but no slangs used! [Thirondoram -Trivandrum in proper Trivandrum Malayalam slang]·

Baburaj’s introduction sets his character – ‘Randu Radhas’ [ Two Radhas – a beauty soap usually used by girls]·

Asif ali proved to be a very good actor – as a proper ’vayi nokki’ – a cute one for girls – I guess [ Mouth looker – a flirt]·

The girl proved to be an eye candy - nice song visuals with a smooch sprinkled in!·

The song and drunken dance @ shanghumugham beach is as close to as you can have from reality and the write up in next scene also fits in·

The opening scene after that – a proper hang over morning·

The title song – it’s the best as it sounds from an old movie and the lyrics and the music is catchy.·

The dialogue – ‘ koothara rum alle , ennighenhum venda – is a typical 20 -25ish answer – courtesy – my drunkard friends [ that’s cheap rum, I don’t need it]·

The ‘Kutti’ dosa left me with memories of Kutti dosa made my mom and Grandmma long time back·

The scene where the cook ( Baburaj) elopes with the hero – Lal – nicely done·

The romance is happening through conversation and not with a lavish song in Switzerland – as it would happen ( I hope, no experience yet : ) )·

The climax is done with a wonderful comedy and a new way to unravel the story·

The scene where Lal asks – if salt was added after boiling the curry or not – Some conversation I had with my fellow roomies in US, any one who loves cooking know what I meant!·

The single fight sequence – Lal delivers that kick on the guys chest – awesome and icing from Babu raj – Enthada panni [ Whats up PIG] I left the cinema hall with a broad smile all over my face – the movie is all about cooking, food, romance, loneliness, inferiority complex and a lot of incidents that every one runs into in everyday life – with a tint of humor. This is the second movie after Pranjiyettan which left me feeling, I should be watching this movie again !



- Pic courtesy -kerals.com

No comments: