Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sun Times .......


Fun with Police

The road was quiet dark. When I said it out Ribin started to make fun of my comment asking. “How the road should be at night 2 O clock?” But it can have street lights. That’s what I’m meant. All these guys want to pull my legs. The next contender was still immersed in the movie. It was really a violent movie. He’s still clinging on to the last scene were the hero pierces his index finger to the villain’s throat. ‘Oh man the scene was cool ...’ and added to the already existing list of special effects. The movie was kind of bizzard. The language was too tough even for me (I’m the one who is more exposed to Tamil in the trio). We went out of main road were there was very little light. From there we had to take a right turn to head towards the YMCA hostel. As we reached the junction, the small crowd which came out of the theater thinned away.

We reached the junction and took the right turn. Now the road is barely visible but we kept on moving. All we can see is the junction ahead, some 500 feet away. The next street light!
As we reached some quarter of the distance two head lights were visible at the junction. The vehicle was moving slowly. It passed the junction and went to the left. Then I had a doubt whether it was a night patrol vehicle. I shoot a question in air about it. The vehicle is not gone yet. It came back towards the junction . Then it took a turn towards our road. Suddenly it stopped. Then the dim light was switched to bright. We three were walking towards the vehicle. Ribin started to ask me about our college ID cards. Those two guys had it and I didn’t. Leno searched pocket of his ill colored track suit for the counter foil of the Movie ticket. We could see he was visibly shaken by the presence of the police jeep. We didn’t change our speed. Slowly steadily we reached near the jeep.
On first look I realized it’s the circle inspector on the friend seat. I have seen him many times near our college and in the town. He’s a well built, heavy man with piercing eyes and a round face. Ribin was ok with his composure and I could barely see Leno. I had turbulence inside me as I donn’t have Icard. I thought in mind !!! Man this is goanna be a long night for us. We kept on moving as if we are not concerned about the police.
The CI asked us which a grunt voice “Where are u guys going?” I stooped beside the front window of the jeep “sir went for a second show”. CI “which Movie”
Me:“Sir Virumaandi”
CI: “Howz the movie”
Ribin” Its Ok sir, but too much of violence”
CI: “where u guys are staying”
Me: “In the YMCA hostel”
CI: “Which college “
Me “Our College name” (I don’t want to announce my college name here! It will a publicityfor our college ;) )
CI: “ U ppl come here to study or to see movies ? Ur parents sent u to get here , do ur course perfectly and get some job. Look at ur self! Right out in the night going for crap movies “

Me; “Sir it was one of my friends birthday, we don’t usually go for movies and all , just a celebration”
CI: “Ok ok go home …. Don’t get into my hands any more ok?”
Me: “ok sir”

We three started to walk towards the rear end of the jeep; suddenly one constable came out of the jeep and told us to get in. We were terrified for a moment! Then regaining my composure I asked him “ but CI said to go home”
Constable:” Is it so sir”
CI: “Leave them na …kids…just a celebration “
Leno was the guy nearest to him
Constable:” hey u there, come here”
Leno went near him
“Now blow out”
Leno tried doing it but...no air to come out …he tried hard but still the same.
He was gasping for air to blow out! But nothing came out

Ribin and I was struggling to keep our mouth from a bursting laugh. The police jeep went and we started towards the room. It took hardly two minutes to reach Leno's room.
On the way no one talked. Once we reached the room, three of us started to laugh. We laughed until we had stomach ache.

No comments: