Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Fighting sleep …..Crazy post ahead!


Warning ..Totally blizzard and crazy post ahead!


Place: Client office – Vendor office
Time: Late after noon, 2:32 PM
Mood: Too sleepy and out of mind
Song : Mainaaka ponnmudiyil ponuruki toovi poy …. (Mazhavil Kavadi - Malayalam)




Plot: I am writing this post with one and only one intention. I have to kill time for another 35 minutes. Then head for the nearest exit and flee to my house to sleep

(Song change…. Aaro porunen koodeeee- Lal Salam)
Possible problems:

I might sleep in the train, as I am feeling so sleepy.
Client might drop a mail for a critical update while I am sleeping in the train / home
Work might not be complete as per the dead lines

Unsolvable problems:

A dead brain, a mind which wants to sleep and cannot think anything else!

Other creative ideas to kill time / sleep.

Go to 20th floor and do gaga over some thing to some job-less soul over there.
Go to 15th floor and do the same
Go to 15th floor and get the key to my house from my roomie
Drink super hot coffe and end up with a rosted tounge
Drink super cool coke and shugger off sleep



When one is over bundled with sleep, everything seems to stop. No logic in my mind is working. I am unable to think! The moment I stop talking to some one, I might fall asleep. Once i close my eyes, with in two to three minutes, my mind is drifting into weired dreams. I almost hit the table three times, falling asleep.

(Song change …. Swaminatha parypalayasuma …..Chithram - malyalam)

This song a classical song from the super hit movie Chithram, which is a Priyadharshan hit over 90’s. The musical –comedy riot in which, Mohan lal had given life to a un believably funny and interesting character on celluloid. The story is about a rookie photographer trying to find some fast money for his speechless child. The movie has an excellent script and scenario & slap stick comedy by Srinivasan and Nedumudi venu. The music in this film is awesome with couple of classical hits and a couple of melodies.
I have some how spend 12 minutes, but still left with another 23 minutes to 3’o clock.

(Song change …Eran Megham …Chithram - Malayalam)

How bad my work status is for today! My Application is not installing and throwing an error saying 'unable to open a file named para.ini'. I have been searching for three days for the same file, but could not find it. There must be a 'custom action' which is causing this problem, but I am unable to find the exact custom action or the sequence step which is causing this problem. The '/QB' switch together with 'verbose-logging' and a 'search' for the key word 'Unattended' might give me some details on what happens with the 'silent-switch-Install'.
Let me check this and come back to this post.

(Song change ...Megham poothuthudanghi …Tuvana Tumbikal- Malayalam)

The virtual machine is taking its time to start off, giving my patience a hard time. I guess patience paid off at the end and things are working now.
Here comes a call from Mr S and it seems he got some work for me.
He wants me to get into a high profile lunch meeting! Great! and my other planned lunch at small food court is going for a toss!
I think I have fought hard and won the battle with SLEEP. three cheers to myselft to fight back one of the basic human insticnt .....Sleep

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog proves that you were in deep sleep while writing it :)

Lija Roopesh said...

Vattayi ennulathinulla oru proof aanu Eee blog... Veegam pooyi oru doctore kannuuu.... please.....