Thursday, March 13, 2008

Compliments.....

How good you are in accepting compliments? Accepting compliments seems to be a very easy thing when it is for something which we have achieved, which was out of our shear hard work and effort. But when compliments are poured in just because one has to, then accepting them becomes a real issue. I got into such a situation recently! I had a tough time to fake ‘Thanks’ just because my name was quoted some where!
The worst part is when the person who gives it away and the person receiving it know that the compliment was for name sake. I will be the happiest person to get a compliment on something I got after I sweat out my best to get it, even when it is just a gully cricket match!

Is it just because of social conditioning or is it the way things work?


What is best way to accept compliments? Turning red on cheeks as unable to control the gush of that ‘eerrrr-hmmm’ feeling on your side neck? Such is the only time when I feel that I am getting Romancham* (hair standing situation) on my cheeks!

But down the line when the best words which are the easily forgotten words and goes down the drain. The words which criticize one, the words which hits one hard, are always scribbled on some hard rock inside ones mind. It will be there all long even when the notions and behavior is changed.

But in reality, what ever the people around say, one should go about how they feel about themselves, rather than being a foot ball of opinions and compliments. It is really tough when the compliments / feedback come from some one close to heart!

1 comment:

No enigma here. I'm your girl-next-door said...

Hehe funny post, but you are spot on! Quite often, when people compliment me on something, let's say a bag, I end up saying, "Oh it's just an old one." I mean, what's so tough about acknowledging a compliment with a smile and a 'thanks'. It takes a lot to take a bow and graciously accept a compliment. Btw, nice blogs!